Who doesn’t love breakfast?! There are so may delicious options to choose from — waffles, pancakes, crepes, eggs, bacon, toast with jam, bagels with creme cheese. I’d continue with more options but I’m ready to head back into the kitchen for “2nd breakfast” (“Lord of the Rings” fans will recognize the reference).
Lately, Phil and I have been enjoying eggs. Even though we love soft-boiled eggs, over-easy with a wonderfully oozy yolk has been on the docket.
The breakfast you see here is absolutely delicious! And even though it may look like it is loaded with bad calories, I swear it is good for you!.
This dish is a marriage of ingredients that pair so well together. And, there are variations. This is one of our favorites. It’s simple.
- Toast a piece of whole grain artisan bread (good for you).
- Take an avocado, mash the meat and add salt and pepper to taste. Spread it on the toast. (good for you).
- We have a delicious mix of toasted seeds, etc. that we then sprinkle on top of the avocado. Recipe below.
- Thinly slice red onion and place on top of avocado (no calories).
- Add sliced tomato (good for you).
- Place a layer of smoked salmon on top of tomato (protein).
- Add an over-easy cooked egg on top of everything (protein).
- Eat every bite and enjoy!
Sometimes we just make the toast, avocado, seasonings, and an egg. Still delicious. Both will fill you up and keep you going until a late lunch. And, like I said…it’s good for you!! (of course, this is my opinion and the FDA has not weighed in on my decision (haha)).
You can tailor this dish to your liking and include any toppings you love.
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried mince onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Put all in a skillet and over medium heat toast until fragrant and sunflowers are turning lightly golden around the edges. Transfer the mix to a plate to cool, then store in a jar for use later.
(Courtesy of “Love real Food” by Kathryne Taylor)
#breakfast #breakfastofchampions #eggs #cooking #smokedsalmon
2 thoughts on “A breakfast fit for…”
Can You make one to go UM 🙂
I wish I could!
LikeLiked by 1 person